Human nutrition is a science that deals with the provision of the essential nutrients in food and its relevance to health. It functions as prevention and therapy; it promotes the optimal human health and reduces the risk of chronic degenerative disorders such as: atherosclerosis, cardiovascular diseases, cancers etc.
The dietetics and dietotherapy department in the Internal Medicine Center “Srce” favours the integrated approach in the prevention and treatment of certain health issues and diseases, in which the change of diet presents a part of the therapy, based on scientific evidence in numerous medical guidelines for prevention and treatment of diseases.
Dietetics and dietotherapy services:
Nutrition plans for healthy patients:
- pregnant and breastfeeding women
- patients who go through menopause or andropause
- body weight control (malnutrition and obesity)
Our Center follows several diagnostic procedures before and during the nutrition plan:
- anamnesis is the first and the most important step in setting an accurate diagnosis. The patient first fills in a detailed questionnaire about his/her medical and diet issues, which gives us important information about the patient’s health and his/her personal habits
- laboratory analyses that includes: serum iron, complete blood test, glycaemia, cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL, LDL, enzyme status (AST, ALT, GGT), urine, creatinine, uric acid, bilirubin, protein status, thyroid gland hormones. If necessary, further analyses can be done.
- ECG and blood pressure
- body composition analyses with InBody 720
- defining food intolerance with MORA
- consulting check up with a nutritionist and doctor, specialist
- prescription of supplements, based on the test results
Mora – Super is a device with an advanced software designed for detecting intolerance to certain food. The idea for using bioresonance as a method was introduced by dr. Franz Morella who separated electrical signals from the human organism to physiological (healthy) and pathological (unhealthy) oscillations.
BioResonance is a safe and noninvasive diagnostic method. Like every diagnostic medical test, it is characterized with its own specificity and sensitivity.
The BioResonance MO – RA testing uses the concept of electromagnetic waves to diagnose a specific condition. The body’s response to frequencies of numerous food types detects the intolerance to a particular food type. This is a complementary method in medicine.
Various studies in the past 25 years show that 55% of the world population is hypersensitive – their bodies overreacte to some food and drink components. Hypersensitivity can be congenital or acquired.
The most frequent food intolerance symptoms are: chronic overweight issue, chronic gastrointestinal problems: diarrhea, constipation, stomachache, gases, irritable bowel syndrome, bloating, colic, headache, migraine, wrist pain, skin problems: atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, itching, urticaria.
Certified, professional nutritionists, together with doctors, specialists, apply this method in the Internal Medicine Center “Srce”. The device covers for over 250 items of food and drinks. The food intolerance test can also be used for patients who suffer metabolic disorders or have some auto-immune illness. The elaborate diagnostics is used to create personal diet profile – the nutritionist defines a diet program in accordance to the results.
Nutrition plans with supplements and medical therapy, if needed, for patients who have diagnosed diseases like:
- obesity or overweight
- cardiovascular diseases: high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, coronary disease, heart attack or stroke recovery
- metabolic disorders: diabetes, thyroid gland disorders, increased lipid level in the blood, hyperuricemia
- gastroenterohepatological diseases and situations: irritable bowel syndrome, obstipation, hiatal hernia, gastritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, gallstones, fatty liver, intestinal inflammatory diseases (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- iron deficiency anemia
- dilated blood vessels
InBody 720 is a sophisticated device, approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration), that analyses the composition of the body.
It is used to determine:
The quantity, distribution and percentage of body fat VFA (Visceral Fat Area) – visceral fat index (the fat that is stored around the internal organs), Waist Hip Ratio (WHR) – i.e. whether the fat stores in the abdominal area, which is an important risk factor for cardiovascular diseases, muscle mass level and its distribution, intracellular water and possible edema, mineral bone structure (it is possible to discover osteopenia or osteoporosis) basal metabolic rate, body symmetry, fitness score (fitness level).
It is best if the patient comes to the nutritionist’s appointment with an empty stomach (it is necessary for the blood test not to have eaten anything in the past 12 hours) and not to have had any drinks several hours before the test.
The body composition analyses with InBody takes about 50 seconds, and the patient is in the underwear, without presence of any metal or jewelry. Pregnant women or patients who have pacemaker can not take the test. The preparations are the same as for a nutritionist’s appointment or the check-up.
The food intolerance test with MORA takes 30 – 40 minutes. If the patient takes just this test there are no special preparations. If the food intolerance test is a part of the nutritionist investigation, then the patient should come on empty stomach and not to have drank anything for the past several hours.
IMPORTANT: The patient mustn’t drink coffee or alcohol at least three hours prior to food intolerance test.